Dismayado! Joel Embiid reacts on Nikola Jokic winning MVP award

Philadelphia 76ers center Joel Embiid came close to winning the MVP award.

Instead, the highest individual plum went to Denver Nuggets center Nikola Jokic, and the Cameroonian baller was upset that he only ended up as runner-up.

READ: Denver’s Nikola Jokić Named As NBA MVP

“It’s disappointing, because as a player you work hard for moments like this,” Embiid said. “But then again, it’s out of my control. There’s nothing I can do about it. I just gotta come out every year and just be ready to do my job.”

Embiid led the Sixers to the best record in the Eastern Conference while putting up insane numbers of 28.5 points, 10.6 rebounds, 2.8 assists and 1.4 blocks per game.

However, Embiid only played 51 games, unlike Jokic who played all 72 games.

Regardless, Embiid is all eyes on the Larry O’Brien Finals trophy, and that’s all that matters to him.

“I’m not worried about those awards. If I’m holding that trophy, anything else won’t matter,” he said.

The post Dismayado! Joel Embiid reacts on Nikola Jokic winning MVP award appeared first on FASTBREAK.com.ph.


Source: Fast Break

No comments

Powered by Blogger.