Are Paolo and Chris Banchero related to each other?

Since Paolo and Chris are both Bancheros, many Filipino fans are wondering if they are related to each other.

Turns out, they are… and they are cousins!

The future NBA player shared how the Meralco Bolts guard influenced the young Banchero to play basketball, since both of them played in O’Dea High School where they led the school to a championship.

“Growing up, when I was younger, he won state championships at O’Dea. I won state championships at O’Dea,” Paolo said on his interview with “Sports On Air”.

While Chris is a Filipino-Italian who was born in America, Paolo is of Italian and African-American descent.

“He was a well-known player around the city, you know, before I was. It was just funny, you know, because Chris is like 6’2″ and he’s white and I’m like 6’9″ and black. So, when people would see my last name, they’d be like, ‘No way you’re related to Chris’. And then when I would tell them that I was, they’d be like ‘Oh, it makes sense’ because he was very good, but we just don’t really look alike,” said the 20-year old.

“But you know, he’s had a great career over the Philippines. It’s been awesome to see.
So, this is a big, big, big time, I would say, for the Banchero family. I’m so proud.”

It’s hard to believe that the top 3 prospect is in this year’s NBA Draft is related to a PBA player just because they are both Bancheros, but now we know that they are cousins.

The post Are Paolo and Chris Banchero related to each other? first appeared on FASTBREAK.com.ph.


Source: Fast Break

No comments

Powered by Blogger.